Hyprez® Lapping and Polishing Slurries
As part of our complete solution, Engis manufactures a complete line of precision graded diamond slurries or aluminum oxide powder with lapping oil for achieving flatness control and excellent surface finish on a wide variety of materials.
- Reduce lapping times from hours to minutes
- Reduce slurry usage and waste from gallons to pints
- Achieve a reflective finish in a single step, eliminate hand polishing
- Cleaner process, cleaner parts
- Process a wide variety of materials
- Engis is a micronizer – we purify, precision grade, disperse, and custom formulate our slurries, where others are simply repackaging. We are unequaled in our ability to precisely characterize and control particle size distributions (PSD).
- Applications expertise – our engineers can provide the full process recommendation for your part/material - not only the best slurry formulation but also the polishing machine, lap plate or pad, accessories, and process settings.
Engis Diamond Slurries
Engis provides a broad range of diamond slurry formulations; our standard formulations are shown in the table below. Custom formulations are available. Simply choose your formulation and specify:
- Diamond type (polycrystalline, monocrystalline)
- Diamond size (available from 50 nm to 60 micron)
- Package size (pints, quarts, gallons)
Our experts are happy to guide your choice of slurry based on your application, material, and requirements.
|Slurry Formulations||Water Soluble||Oil Based||Emulsion||Low Viscosity (<10 cP)||Med Viscosity (10 - 100 cP)||High Viscosity (permanent Suspension)||Only Non-Haz Components|
Aluminum Oxide powder with Lapping Oil
- Low cost and recyclable
- Used for achieving matte finish
- Powder sizes from 5 – 50 micron