Contract Honing Services
Engis now offers contract precision bore honing services for our customers as well as complete turnkey systems. This service includes short runs for prototype purposes, all the way through large ongoing production capabilities.
Engis systems, designed and built in the USA, are well-known for achieving the most precise bore geometry in the industry. Depending upon the specific application, the following bore precision is possible:
- Size control within 1um (0.000040”)
- Roundness down to 0.1um (0.000004”)
- Cylindricity down to 0.5um (0.000020”)
- Surface finishes down to 0.1 µm / 4 µin Ra in most materials.
- Special surface finish requirements, such as Rz, Rt, plateau, bearing surfaces (Rvk, Rpk, Rk) and specific cross hatch patterns can be produced.
Bore Sizes and Types:
- Bore Diameters from .045” up to 30”
- Bore Lengths up to 36”
- Through bores
- Blind bores
- Dual diameter bores (step bores) with concentricity requirements
The Engis Technology Center houses multiple labs with state-of-the-art metrology capabilities. The following is a sample of some of the available equipment:
- Mitutoyo RA-2200 Series Roundness/Cylindricity Machine
- Taylor Hobson Talyrond
- Mitutoyo CRYSTA-Apex S 700 Series CMM
- Mitutoyo Surftest SJ-400 Profilometer
- Multiple Air Gages (Edmunds, Mahr Federal, Western Gage)
- 3D Microscopes
- Bore Scopes
- Diatest Bore Gages
Engis production honing finishes parts used in many industries:
- Small Engine
- Specialty Applications
- Over 75 years of experience
- Complete Line of Single Pass Bore Finishing and Honing Capabilities
- Fast Turnaround Time
- Lower Cost Per Part
- ISO 9001 Certified
- Proudly Made in the U.S.A.