Dual Bore Diamond Finishing Systems
The Bore Finishing Division of Engis Corporation has developed advanced tooling and processes for precision finishing dual-diameters (step bores) in parts.
The advanced tooling and processes now enable step-bores to be finished simultaneously and hold diametrical tolerances under 1um (0.000040”) in production.
The precision diamond tooling is manufactured to the highest quality standards which produce unsurpassed bore cylindricity, surface finish, and concentricity between each bore.
With the Engis design, separate size compensation for each diameter can easily be performed within seconds, and the extremely long-lasting diamond tooling help to produce the lowest cost per finished piece.
- Adjustable Sizing of Each Bore To Within 1 Micron
- Improved Concentricity Of Bores
- Cylindricity of Each Bore Under 2 Microns
- High Production Rates
Single-pass Dual Diameter Bore Finishing Advantages:
- Split Sleeve Design Allows for Independent Size Adjustment
- Size Control Within 0.001mm
- Separate Adjusting Nuts
- Two Sleeves On the Same Mandrel
- Improve Concentricity Of The Bores
- Reduces Number Of Spindles